Clifftop Devon boutique near Salcombe with soul-stirring views
Create an account to unlock inside access to luxury hotels and vacation packages
Access and book our deals using just your e-mail
up to -68% today
A breath of fresh air on Devon's coast, with an acclaimed restaurant and soothing spa – includes breakfast, spa access, a bottle of wine, and choice of beautiful rooms
- Gara Rock’s loft setting above Devon's precipitous cliffs blows away the cobwebs. One of the south coast’s hippest openings, its service and chic interiors (reclaimed wooden walls, wood burners, huge beds with geometric-patterned quilts) landed plaudits like ‘Seaside hotel of the year’ by The Times.
- Return from rock pooling and exploring Salcombe’s colourful harbour to a plush spa with a blue mosaic pool, sauna and steam room. Outside there are captivating views from the swimming pool, which wouldn’t look out of place on a Greek island. On rainy days, catch a classic movie in the 10-seat cinema.
- The food is equally renowned: breakfast on bircher or sourdough toast with poached eggs, ham and hollandaise. The restaurant has captivating views over the sea and a seafood-centric menu, while outdoors there’s a food truck – the Garavan, chortle – serving ice creams and pasties.
- Lounge bar
- Food truck
- Cinema room
- Pets welcome
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor pool
How to get there
If you’re coming from London it’s approximately five hours’ drive, from the Midlands around four hours, and there’s plenty of parking on site. If you want to try public transport it’s three-and-a-half hours to Torquay (trains from London Paddington, with a change in Bristol). You’ll then need to book a taxi for the rest of the way. The nearest airport to Gara Rock is Exeter Airport, which is 52 miles away.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low-cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you would like to stay on the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + flights’
On the next page, you can choose the departure airport, time, airline and price that is convenient for you
When you buy a hotel with a flight from us, you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this package, please contact +44 0843 227 7777 (Monday-Sunday, 8am-8pm)
If you would like to make a flight-only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team at +44 0843 227 7777 (Monday-Friday from 9am-6pm, and Saturdays from 10am-5pm)
Join now for free
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only $40 while you decide.
- Pay $40 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go toward your purchase. If not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still considering it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is canceled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page and our Terms and Conditions